Wednesday, February 24, 2010

And The Kick Off..

So I am really proud of myself for yesterday.  I have to admit I had a rocky start, I was very discouraged when I woke up and had gained weight again, but I didn't let it get to me, and instead of getting down on myself I got fed up and moving.  I ate well yesterday, I had half of a blueberry muffin in the morning (not that great but I hadn't gone food shopping yet), for lunch I had tuna salad with lettuce and tomato on whole wheat, mid afternoon snack I had low-fat pb&j and whole wheat light bread and for dinner I had a diet taco bowl.

What is this taco bowl you ask?- Make taco meat as you would, than instead of a flour tortilla you put your ingredients in a bowl.  I used WW shredded cheese, diced tomatoes and lettuce and a tablespoon of guacamole.  The dinner was around 8 points- I am going to try it again with chicken to see if I can get it down to 6 points.  Anyway it was delicious.

After work I went to the grocery store and loaded up on some necessities- one very important thing I've learned is to ONLY buy healthy food.  You are not going to melt down and eat a pint of ice cream late at night if you don't have it in the house!

But the reason why I am REALLY proud of myself is this.  I was exhausted when I got home from work, I had lugged heavy groceries in the rain, it was gloomy out, all I wanted to do was lay down for the rest of the night.. BUT! I got off my butt and did 15 minutes on the elliptical followed by a series of lunges and squats and light weight training.  I'd say it was a total of 30 minutes of exercise.  Not bad when you're usually a lazy slob like me!

-Meredith

1 comment:

  1. For a taco salad I use mission's thin corn tortillas, 2 for 1 point, 1/2 c of pinto beans or black beans 2pts, 14 oz cheese, 1 point, and 3 points ground turkey, lettuce and tomatoes. Yum!

    When you go to the store, look for the Orrowheat(sp)Sandwich Thins. They are one point 1!
    WTG on your workout. I have been super lazy this week.

    ReplyDelete