Thursday, March 3, 2011

And a Year Later...

Okay, so last year I started this blog to keep track of my weight loss and to encourage myself and others to stay with it.  Obviously I wavered on my commitment and got wrapped up in other things- I accepted that I was bound to be big and gave up.  Than in October I got fed up with myself and I joined a gym.  It was the start of my latest journey and I could not be happier.

I started to take classes at the gym, spin class and cardio classes and I was going around 3 or 4 times a week and I was feeling great- but nothing was happening- I had maybe lost about 3 lbs.  So I started to really pay attention to what I was eating.  I bought the Biggest Loser Food Journal and began to count my calories.  The food journal is such a wonderful tool.  It lists almost every type of food you can think of in the back with its nutritional facts.


Since the beginning of February I have been using my Food Journal religiously, I bring it everywhere I go- and I plan ahead.  I bring fruit, low fat yogurts, 50 calorie string cheese, Fiber One bars to work so that I have healthy snacks with me at work so I won't be tempted. And I do 60-90 minutes of cardio 5 times a week. As of this past weekend I have lost my first 10lbs!

There is no motivation like hitting your first major milestone in weight loss.  Whenever I feel like I want to cave in and eat something fried (and delicious!) or I feel lazy and want to skip the gym- I think that I can lose ANOTHER 10 lbs in a month.

Anyway- the moral of the story is I am back and I am finally on the right track.  And I am looking forward to exploring this new healthy lifestyle with followers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment